“As the group leader of NSEL, I welcome you to our website. To introduce our activities, let me first say that we pursue science and technology of the nanoscale.”
Our holistic aim is to develop innovative solutions to challenges facing the humanity such as more efficient means to store and deliver electrical energy, affordable and low energy footprint separation techniques and compact & reliable lab-on-chip systems.
Our contributions to nanoscale science are built on strong fundamentals from established disciplines such as materials chemistry, electrochemistry, colloidal science, & micro- and nano-fabrication.
An underlying guiding principle in most of our work is the relevance of transport processes primarily mass & momentum . We seek deeper understanding of fluid and mass transport in confined spaces, and the relationship between transport phenomena & materials processing.
Our ultimate goal is to develop people with a wide array of skill-sets, technical & soft, and critical thinking to make them successful in their career. I thank you for visiting our website!
What We Offer
We undertake a variety of activities with a view to developing next-generation researchers who will tackle problems of interest to industry and society and create value in our innovation system.
Higher degree by research students
- Research planning and mentoring
- High quality publications
- Industry engagement
- Communication skills
- Training in multi-disciplinary areas of electrochemical energy storage and separation engineering
- Mentoring to academic independence
- Developing start-up ventures
- Intellectual property development & commercialization
- Critical assessment of technologies
- Grant writing skills
- Intellectual property development
- Fostering joint venturing opportunities
- Initiating start-up ventures
- Bench-scale process & product formulation